Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Reckless Abandon

"Come follow me." Those words ring true today. What if I were to practice reckless abandon, drop my net and surrender totally to Jesus' call? At some point those guys must have said if not directly to Him, then in their minds, "Jesus, not sure exactly where this is going, but have you read concerning yourself? Aren't we going to be taking charge here? Look, I had a good job back there. Sure, I followed you, but let's be honest, I was a little tired of the same old, same old. I was looking for some adventure, maybe even a stepping stone. My old job is not looking so bad right now. Surely you've got bigger plans than this?" Yet, they held on, they moved past the microscope to the telescope and were martyred for their beliefs. Mabe what kept them holding on was the realization that life is a vapor and whatever the sacrifice it was short term through the looking glass of eternity.

So what if I always view life through the looking glass of eternity instead of the microscope of now? Impossible to do, but I could be better--much better. I want to live with reckless abandon for the faith. What's holding me back? God calls us all to reckless abandon. What are you going to do to practice reckless abandon? What should you do, but aren't? What dream has God put in your heart that would require reckless abandon? What's holding you back? What's holding me back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home