Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Not What I Ordered

I came home today, hoping to have a nice relaxing evening. I had hoped the family would all go to Rosa's for Taco Tuesday, chill out, gorge on chicken tacos, and come home, get some paperwork done, and get to bed early. Somehow I didn't get what I ordered.

Jack's friend is sleeping over (more hyper than Jack). Ethan's friend is sleeping over (a little more mellow than Ethan, thankfully). The little girl across the street came over to play all afternoon (her parents apparently like her to be home slightly after dark, thankfully). The yard desperately needed edging (did that), and Susan needed to go to Wal-Mart (don't count on her coming home soon). It's funny how children in closed quarters have voices two octaves higher and 100 decibels louder.

This isn't what I ordered. Thankfully, our kids have good friends. They're outgoing. Parents feel comfortable leaving their children with us. Our kids play are usually inclusive to all ages and have no known communicable diseases.

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart is open 24 hours. Gotta go, something broke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home