Monday, July 9, 2007

Who Says White Men Can't Dance?

Growing up in the heyday of SNL, The Blues Brothers were/still are pretty cool. I love the song "I'm a Soul Man." Its a frequent favorite on my iPod. Some day I hope Ethan and Jack will learn the routine to "Soul Man" and pull the whole thing off together. It would be so much fun to watch. We could put on the record, ham it up, and kick it back Cosby Show style. Man, I love those Huxtables. Some dad's hope to see their kids hit one out of the park or sink the game winning shot. Me, I want my kids to wear black suits, ties, hats, Ray Bans and choreograph. Call me weird. Susan, loves all those teeny bopper dance scenes where everyone miraculously puts all their cliques aside and dance in perfect harmony to the theme song, despite never having practiced once together. Me, I prefer the more heavyset, yet surprisingly agile Chris Farley type meets James Brown. Who says white men can't dance?

So what's your song that gets your groove going? I'd have to say: Carwash, Get Up (James Brown), Small Town (John Mellencamp), Ants Marching (I know I've heard it so many times, and Dave Matthews probably hates playing it, but it's so good), I've Got the World on A String (Sinatra), Hooked on A Feeling (Blue Suede), My Doorbell (The White Stripes), and about anything Pat Green or Third Day.

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2007 at 5:51 PM , Blogger laura said...

haha. I wish me and my friends could randomly all dance together at least once a day.

 
At November 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home